Monday, March 24, 2008

The Two Roads



There are many roads to run down. And I love to run.
I guess that’s because I'm an escapist, running is the best thing I can do.
I can't run fast but I still can run. There are two roads I love running on.
One is the all time favorite - Memory, and the other is my personal favorite - Imagination.

Memory
Everyone’s got one or you got amnesia. Then, even if you have amnesia, you do have memories, but you don’t remember them. Running down memory lane, I see a lot of things. Like the way I got pardoned for any folly when I was a kid, all I ever had to do was stick my tongue out. Well, that was when I was 3, I try it now and I’d be called indecent. Also remember the times I hated going to school and wished I had a job like dad. I now hate going to work and wish I was in school. I remember the times I fought with my best friend and we decided we’d never talk again, but we inevitably did and we always ended up being best friends again. I don’t know where he is now, and I’m sure he has no clue of my whereabouts. I hated my dad for scolding me when I was naughty, but he always got me candies when he came back from work. Don’t remember the last time someone gave me a candy.
Memories are like chilly nights, they don’t seem too exciting when they happen but you miss them during the summers. They are bitter to start off with, but end up giving a sweet flavor to life. Memories are what we live with…


Imagination
When the going gets tough, the tough get….. whatever crap. We shape our lives based on our imagination. The tough just imagine more. We all imagine. The more practical we think we are, the more we imagine. The more fanatical we think we are, the more we imagine. We die for our imagination, we kill for our imagination. We also live for our imagination. Imagination is a way to power. Because god is a creation of our collective imagination. Hope is nothing but imagination…

Long long time ago, when men lived in caves, they had a lot of hardships to face. They lived on top of a mountain in a cluster of caves. Every night these caves would be attacked by wild animals who would carry away their family. This went on for a long time and the men felt helpless. One night, a man lost his entire family. He was distraught. He ran out of his cave, looked up at the sky and cried out in pain and disgust. At that very moment, in the horizon, rose the Sun, and the animals were gone. Thereafter, every night, the men came out of their caves, looked up at the sky and cried till the Sun was up. Thus, was God born.

Imagination is like a cold breeze, that we feel on a summer afternoon, when we think of the next winter. Since we don’t know what future holds for us, everything we think of doing is imagination. Imagination is what we live for…

No comments: